501 North Holtzclaw Ave
- Garret Skipper
The mission of the Chattanooga Zoo is to engage and inspire the community to better understand and preserve wildlife by creating meaningful connections between people and animals.
The Chattanooga Zoo offers various youth opportunities including E.Z.O. ( ages 15and 16) and Counselor in Training Program (C.I.T). Students ages 17 and above are part of the core volunteer program.
- Assisting staff with childrens games (CIT program)
- Arts and Crafts (CIT program)
- General assistance in a day camp (CIT program)
- Special Events
- Animal Corps ( 18 or older)
- Administration/Guest Services
- Apply by spring deadline for CIT.
- Attend minimum of one training for CIT.
- Go to chattzoo.org for application and additional information.
In addition, the education department holds workshops for volunteers ranging from handling of animals to horticulture to tours.