Family Promise of Greater Chattanooga
1184 Baldwin St.
- Ruth Votava
Family promise provides a safe, welcoming environment with caring, professional staff to help families quickly transition from homelessness to self-sustainability. We to help prevent, reduce and end homelessness and serve more homeless and near homeless families in need. These programs help families become stable, employed, housed, and linked to supportive and follow-up services to ensure a successful return to self-sufficiency.
Teenagers are needed in the following areas:
- Playing games with children, activities (school vacation weeks)
- Community Service Days – decorating for the holidays, setting up Christmas trees, taking down trees (3-4:30 weekdays)
- Reading to children and after school tutoring
- Collect items for our day care center (see website for list)
- Help with mowing the lawn and maintenance
Family Promise prefers to have students 18 and under accompanied by an adult. However, one adult may supervise up to 4 students.